Our platform looks and feels like social media guaranteeing student engagement and thus retention, but with controlled access and a managed audit trail also protects your teachers’ professional integrity. We don’t blur the lines between school and social life that can often dangerously occur on a platform like Facebook.
1. Integrating the platform with your VLE. Therefore it would be a plugin on your VLE and all users would be authenticated the same way as they are when they use the VLE. To do this we will provide you with the plugins and the relevant documentation. It takes about 20 minutes to complete the process. We then connect the plugin to our environment, which takes about 10 minutes. In 30 minutes your setup will be complete.
Some colleges also want all the groups to be pre created prior to staff first using the platform. To do this we require a list of all the groups and rel- evant details and we take care of all this for you.
2. The second way to do a setup is via a CSV upload of all users and all groups. For this we would require a list of all the users and groups to be created for the initial setup and we complete the setup for you. On receipt of the list we can get the setup complete on the same day.
If there is no link to the VLE and the setup is done via a CSV file upload of all the users, then the users are authenticated via the information that is held for each user on the CSV. For example username and password. With the CSV upload setup, users can be required to change their password upon first login.
Marketing & Safeguarding
We customise and provide all marketing materials at no cost.
We also provide flyers that can be given to both staff and students. We are happy to customise any of the material and all of this is provided at no cost.
a.Staff permission – All staff are identifiable as they have the word “staff” next to their display name.
b.Safeguarding team – This permission level means that the individuals marked with the “safeguarding team permission” will receive a notification if a user reports either a post or another user. This enables the safeguarder to deal with the issue and remove the post if necessary or block the offending user.
c. WAMadmin permission – Admins have access to a control panel which allows them to see every single post that has been put on the platform and they have the ability to remove any post from an individuals Wamfeed, or from within a group timeline. Posts that have been removed by learn- ers/staff are also still visible for admins in the control panel. As well as an audit trail, an admin has a number other rights such as being able to block a user temporarily or permanently and being able to assign permission levels.
2. All posts can be reported to the safeguarding team who have the ability to remove the post.
3. A user can report another user to the safeguarding team.
4. A user can block another user from communicating with them.
5. To have the ability to communicate with another user on a one to one basis, the other user must accept a connection request.
6. User access is controlled, either via the VLE authentication or via a CSV file authentication.
7. There is an inbuilt profanity or keyword flagging system which automatically flags any words used on a defined ‘blacklist’. The ‘blacklist’ is fully editable.